If you think someone is being trafficked you can help make them safe!
In an emergency, call the Police on 999
Human trafficking is ‘hidden in plain sight’, however, you can be part of the solution by reporting suspicious activity or alerting the police to someone who may be a victim.
Victims of trafficking may:
- act as if being instructed or controlled by another
- receive little or no money for their work
- show signs of being abused through lack of food, water, shelter or medical care
- not be in possession of their own legal documents such as their passport or identification
- have little or no contact with their family or minimal communication out-with their immediate environment
- receive threats against them and their family
- move location frequently
- be afraid of authorities